Posted by: Labdhi Mehta on Jul 24, 2017, 10.30 AM IST
1. The fact sheet covers basic information, such as the fund objective, nature of fund, fund manager's name, fund's inception date, benchmark index, corpus size, current NAV, among other details.
2. The next detail it showcases is the portfolio strategy of the fund through investment style, fund portfolio with top holdings, and allocation across sectors and issuers.
3. Volatility measures pertaining to ratios, such as Standard Deviation and Sharpe Ratio, are also mentioned to gauge the inherent risk of the fund.
4. Fund fact sheet also has details about charges in terms of expense ratio and loads.
5. The fact sheet carries returns of the fund, and the representative benchmark index to enable comparison of the fund's performance with its benchmark.
(The content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.)
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this column are that of the writer. The facts and opinions expressed here do not reflect the views of www.economictimes.com.
This article appeared in Economic Times dated Jul 24, 2017, 10.30 AM IST
People in India are becoming increasingly savvy about the investment options available to them. Mutual Fund
People in India are increasingly knowledgeable about the investment options available to them. Mutual Funds
Become a mutual fund investment advisor. This course will teach you the basics of mutual fund investment th
This NISM modules preparation training is designed to help students who want to take the NISM examinations
Acquire the ability to provide complete financial solutions to investors using mutual funds through underst
Learn to evaluate a portfolio thoroughly through our advanced level course on portfolio evaluation!
Learn about the different types of equity funds and their positioning through ourintermediate level course.
Learn about the types of debt funds and their positioning through our intermediate level online course.
Learn how to choose and understand mutual funds products with our online course on mutual fund positioning.
Learn to market debt funds and how to calculate their risks and returns through our advance level course.
Learn to choose the right category mutual funds based on your clients' risk profile and financial needs.
Learn how to invest in liquid funds for treasury management through our advanced online course. Enrol now!<