5 smart things to know about modes of filing income tax returns
Posted by: Labdhi Mehta on Jul 31, 2017, 06.30 AM IST
1. Income tax returns can be filed through the physical form. This mode can be used only if the income is less than Rs 5 lakh and no refund is claimed.
2. Returns can also be filed through the IT website by downloading the appropriate form, filling it and generating a file. The file has to be uploaded and submitted by logging into the income tax website.
3. Another way is to log into the IT website with user ID and password and fill and submit the appropriate ITR form online itself.
4. One can take help of the IT department appointed tax return preparers to prepare and file income tax if one finds it difficult to do so.
5. Alternatively, there are many e-filing websites, e-filing apps or chartered accountants who can assist in filing returns.