Posted by: Labdhi Mehta on Aug 14, 2017, 10.03 AM IST
1. It is the second Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) that will be launched by the Union Finance Ministry. ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund will manage the fund.
2. ETFs are essentially index funds that are listed and traded on stocks exchanges just like regular shares.
3. They are a basket of stocks with assigned weights that reflects the composition of an index.
4. Bharat 22 comprises 22 stocks including those of central public sector enterprises, PSU banks and holdings under the Specified Undertaking of Unit Trust of India.
5. Bharat 22 is a welldiversified ETF spanning six sectors — basic materials (4.4%), energy (17.5%), finance (20.3%), industrials (22.6%), FMCG (15.2%) and utilities (20%).
6. The ETF is aimed at helping speed up the government's disinvestment programme.
(The content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.)
This article appeared in Economic Times dated Aug 14, 2017, 10.03 AM IST
Meet the fast-growing demand of an economy that is drawing foreign investors, particularly NRIs. This cours
People are discovering how financial planning can help their money grow and prepare for a more secure futur
Learn how to measure investment performance through analysing Returns on Investment (ROI) through this onli
Understand the nature of investment risk with our course on measuring investment risk and how to manage it.
Learn to construct portfolios and the techniques used to allocate assets across classes and manage risk.
Learn to invest based on investment goals and objectives through our Intermediate course on Mutual funds.