Posted by: Labdhi Mehta on Jan 29, 2018, 06.30 AM IST
1. APY is a guaranteed pension scheme of the Government of India to provide the security of a pension for people in the unorganised sector and is administered by the PFRDA.
2. Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is open to citizens of India who hold a bank account.
3. The minimum age of joining APY is 18 years and maximum is 40 years. The age of exit and start of pension is 60 years. Minimum period of contribution by the subscriber under APY would be 20 years or more.
4. Subscribers will receive a pension of either Rs 1,000, Rs 2,000, Rs 3,000, Rs 4,000 or Rs 5,000 a month at age 60, depending on contribution, which is based on age of joining the APY.
5. Earlier the age of joining, lower will be the contribution. To receive a pension of Rs 5,000, a person who joins at 18 will make a monthly contribution of Rs 210 while a person who joins at age 35 will contribute Rs 902.